Wednesday, June 14, 2006

miles to go before I sleep ...







Frost is one of my favourites.
And this piece never fails to uplift my spirits....



Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep ...

8 comments:

starry said...

This is one of my favorite poems.

Lil Mizfit said...

my fav is 'a psalm of life' by
Longfellow. it's ryt in front of me...at my table.
i love Robert Frost too... :)

NeiLDC said...

"Good night new prince of Maine, New Prince of England!"

passerby55 said...

Hi starry,

we ahare quiet a things one tv serial, a poem and starbucks coffee ...

::smiles::
___________________________________

Hi mizfit,

that is one great poem by Longfellow
so wise,so true

"Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant!
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
Act, - act in the living Present!
Heart within, and God o'erhead!"

Just beautiful...

bye
___________________________________
HI NEil,

congrats for your six months of blogging!

that count makes u the Prince

thanks
___________________________________

___________________________________

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

hey cool
this is one of my favourite too.
i have used d last four lines in GOd knows how many speeches,:)

passerby55 said...

Hi ajay

the ones u drafted for you dad!...right

thankyou.

Prash said...

A lovely poem by R. Frost. This poem reminded me of English Teacher - Mrs. Sheela who is a great person and whom I adored a lot for many things. This poem also reminded me of my schoolday friends and my first crush, a girl called Poonam, who knows where she is now...!!!!

passerby55 said...

Hi,
Prash having a Crush!!...haha

hey! you till date remember their names. that is a compliment for Mrs. Sheela and Poonam.

thanks... tc